Town Square, Feb. 27, 2019

Town Square is an opinion column to which readers can submit their views. As a true community newspaper, we’re always looking for ways to include local thought and pertinent viewpoints. This forum is a way to share those thoughts. Civility and fair comment will always prevail.
Speculation has begun around the state that Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan is considering a run for the Republican nomination for president. Banner readers shared their views.

NO SUPPORT: One reason I would not vote for Hogan for anything anymore is because he signed an anti-conversion bill (homosexuals) into law. I also think he overdid it when he had all school districts start after Labor Day. I see the point, but I think the decision to do that should rely on each county.

FINISH TERM FIRST: I would like to see him govern Maryland for the next four years. I know the timing would be off for him, but I’d like to see him finish the job that a lot of people voted for him to do.

NOT READY: I really like Hogan a lot. But, I think he’d be in over his head running for POTUS.

OUT OF THIS WORLD: Of course the Democrats like him. He’s one of them. He’s as much a Republican as I am a Martian.

REALLY GOP?: You don’t primary someone in your own party…that’s if Hogan is a Republican.

AFFABLE, BUT…:To me Trump is Ross Perot 2.0. I like him. I’ve met Hogan and found him affable and I feel like he betrayed the watermen. I voted for him as governor but I can’t see him as president.

RATINGS UP: Remember in 2016 when the press told us Hillary Clinton had a 98 percent chance of winning, and Trump had a 2 percent chance? Pres. Trump’s approval ratings are through the roof right now.

RATINGS DOWN: Trump’s approval rating is in the toilet. He may not make it past prison.

North Dorchester High School student Jocelyn Meyers was named 2019 Miss Outdoors on Friday evening.
YAY JOCELYN: Congratulations to 2019 Miss Outdoors Jocelyn Meyers and to all of the wonderful contestants. Each and every one of you represented our county well, and made us proud.

PRIDE: Jocelyn Meyers won the Miss Outdoors pageant. She sang “Never Enough” from The Greatest Showman for her talent. I am so proud of her. Wish I could have been there.

WELL DONE, LADIES: I’m so proud of all the girls this year. Great job, ladies and congratulations.

Editor’s Note: Town Square – your public forum – is moderated by Dorchester Banner Editor Dave Ryan. Email your comments to bannernews@newszap.com.

You are encouraged to leave relevant comments but engaging in personal attacks, threats, online bullying or commercial spam will not be allowed. All comments should remain within the bounds of fair play and civility. (You can disagree with others courteously, without being disagreeable.) Feel free to express yourself but keep an open mind toward finding value in what others say. To report abuse or spam, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box.

Facebook Comment